The 2014 Web Application Project Contest in now open for this year, Please read the below for instructions on this contest. Please note the address for submission and questions.
The Web Application Project Competition is a 2 semester/3 quarter, real-life system analysis/design and implementation project. All teams (may be composed of any number of team members) are expected to complete all 5 phases of this competition in order to qualify for final product presentation at the National Collegiate Conference in April 2014 in Atlanta, GA.
A school may enter more than one project team. A team may consist of any number of team members. A student can be on only one team. The teams competing in this contest can be part of an academic class and can have undergraduates as well as graduate students (the only stipulation on team members is that they cannot be IT Professionals in the Web programming profession, this will be left up to the AITP advisor to determine the eligibility of all team members). However, each member of the team must be an AITP student member, and at least 2 of the members of the team must be present at the AITP National Conference to participate in the final presentation.
Since this is a two semester project most teams start at the beginning of the Fall Semester and working towards the goal or presenting at the Conference in April. There is no specific time to actually start the process, however there are due dates that must be hit during this process. The following are the due dates for the 2013 – 2014 Competition:
- Phase I Due Date : October 11, 2013 (Contract and Team Charter Statement)
- Phase II Document : November 15, 2013 (System Analysis Only)
- Phase III Document : January 31, 2014 (System Design Only)
- Phase IV Document and URL : March 7, 2014 (Construction and Impementation, URL Due)
- Phase V : March 21, 2014 (Technical/User Docs)
- Projects chosen for Presentation at Conference based on scores as of April 3, 2014
- Presentation for those Projects chosen : Saturday Morning – April 12, 2014
Anything that may be required or HIGHLY recommended that will be used during the contest. This would also include versions of compilers and such.
The Problem statement 2014 Problem Statement, please download and review before starting and work on the project.
The Sample Contract 2014 – Sample Contract is a standard contract for this competition and must be used by all teams for this contest.
A Sample Team Scope State 2014 Team Charter Statement is just a sample, any team scope statement used in project management may be used.
- Phase I are worth 10% of Project Grade
- Phase II is worth 25% of Project Grade
- Phase III is worth 25% of Project Grade
- Phase IV is 20% of Project Grade
- Phase V is 20% of Final Grade