Last Updated: 2/11/2017
The Network Design contest is constructed to challenge participants on many levels. Teams will create a proposal for a network design given the problem statement scenario. Elements will include LAN design, WAN connectivity, network components, protocols used, security issues and network architecture and a budget.
Your team may be made up of 1-2 students.
This contest will take place on Friday, April 7, 2017 from 2:00 PM – 6:00 PM
- A good understanding of internetworked systems
- Critical thinking and evaluation skills for enterprise infrastructure design
- The ability to construct a budget of all the items and services necessary to solve the problem
- The ability to create professional quality documentation that meets problem statement requirements for stated audience
No specific resources are required for the competition, however the follow will be useful:
- Diagraming tools such as Visio, Lucid Chart or yEd
- Software to generate Microsoft Word or PDF documents
- An Internet browser for looking up technical specs and pricing
Final documents much be submitted as a file that can be read using Microsoft Word 2003 or later, or as a PDF.
Teams will be given the problem statement at the beginning of the contest time. Time will be allowed to read the problem statement and ask any questions in a common session. Once the question & answer time has closed, no further questions will be answered. At the end of the contest period, each team will be asked to either copy their solution for judging.
- Functionality: 35%
- Efficiency: 30%
- Creativity: 20%
- Organization of the Proposal: 15%