OverviewUpdated for 2017 Last Updated: 12/27/2016
AITP invites each chapter to submit 1 banner. First Place wins $100 payable to the winning AITP Student Chapter. Honorable Mentions will also be awarded and recognized during the awards luncheon on Saturday during the conference.
Theme for 2017 is: “The Gateway to Innovation Through Information Technology”
Purpose: The purpose of the banner is to use at the school to advertise and/or recruit members to the AITP chapter.
Any banner not adhering to any and all general requirement or rules will be disqualified
- WHERE: Conference exhibit/registration area, banquet hall Saturday lunchtime.
- WHEN: by 8am Friday and displayed through banquet Saturday
- HOW: your own professional easel or hanging/display “device”
- WHO: any AITP student chapter but not more than 1 banner
- JUDGING: Friday 8am-2pm (you must move banner to banquet room before 11:00am Sat.; Winners Announced at the Saturday Conference Luncheon)
- PICK-UP: Saturday after lunch
General Rules and Requirements
- Banner must not be any larger than 5 ft x 5 ft or any smaller than 3 ft x 3 ft including borders. In other words – at least 9 square feet but not more than 25 square feet (The banner may be 3 ft x 5 ft but not 3 ft x 8 ft.)
- Student chapter is responsible for transport, setup and security of the banner.
- Student Chapter must create and bring a way to hang or display the banner.
- Full name of the college/university including campus/location must appear on the front of the banner.
- The new AITP logo must also appear on the front of the banner (Log in as a member, select AITP Leaders Only => Chapter Resources => AITP Logos (http://www.aitp.org/?page=aitpLogos)
- The banner must “embody” your AITP student chapter
- You may also have a sponsor logo if your entry is sponsored
- Banner submission form must be firmly attached to back of banner
Professional Category Specific Rules
- Professionally mounted with graphics, logos, and/or pictures.
- Include the school mascot.
- Include the use of school colors.
- Incorporate the conference theme (see above)
For More Information please contact:
Teresa Hickerson, firstname.lastname@example.org, 580-471-6822